ponedjeljak, 7. srpnja 2014.

Key ring



I have realized that I need a key-ring for my car key and it has to be quite a big one, because I always have to fish for the key in my bag, which is terrible when you are in a hurry to take the big girl to the kindergarten, while the little one is already tired and screaming blue murder. So I decided to make one myself. And I actually got the idea from a piece of fabric that I have been playing with lately. It is this owlishly lovely fabric.



So, yes. I decided to make an owl key ring out of felt. But I also realized that while I do that I can play with my latest toy, my new Pfaff sewing machine. Although I have a 25-year-old trustworthy Bernina, it only has the very basic stitches, so I bought this one because it has 80 different stitches and I tried some of them on my felt owl. And here it is.


 If you look at the eyes and the belly you will notice those stitches I have been trying out. But I am not really happy with the end result. It is not chubby enough, because I used my sewing machine to put it together, so I couldn’t put enough stuffing in. But since my big girl likes it I promised to make one for her, and this time I will sew it together by hand and stuff it a bit better, and of course I will use girly colours.
And here is another picture so you can see the stitches a bit better :) 

 

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar